Monday, November 16, 2009

Lou Dobbs Moves On

the following is the lead in to a powerful story concerning Lou Dobbs final telecast from CNN. The full report appears on the American Spectator.


I Was Lou Dobbs's Last Guest: Witness To a Star Reborn

"I got up here and I started to open my mouth and the long and powerful arm of Mr. James Taylor reached into this sacred chamber and grabbed me by the scruff of the neck." --Jimmy Stewart as U.S. Senator Jefferson Smith in the 1939 Frank Capra classic, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
"Vision is the art of seeing things invisible."-- Jonathan Swift
 
"You're speaking as though you believe America is a free country." 



The speaker was longtime CNN journalist and commentator Lou Dobbs. Sitting across the table from him in the CNN studios in New York I was startled at the statement, a statement that was in fact a question. I was even more startled at what had transpired moments before -- when Dobbs, seated at another table a few feet away, an electronic American flag waving behind him -- looked America in the eye and announced he was leaving CNN after almost three decades. Without doubt I knew the reason for Dobbs' question more

No comments:

Post a Comment